At easyJet we believe in being open and up front with customers, so we have developed our Privacy Promise, a quick and simple summary explaining how we manage, share and look after your information.
Our Privacy Promise
We promise that we’ll tell you how we use your data and we’ll use it to keep your flights safe, easy and affordable. Plus, we’ll make sure we collect and store your data securely.
Safety is our number one priority
We have to collect and keep a little data about you, like your name, email address, payment details and passport information. We also have to share your data with our trusted partners, like our airport ground handlers to get you to your destination. Some of this information we also need to share with border control and airport security. This is to help them keep you and your fellow travellers safe.
We promise to collect, process, store and share your data safely and securely. We’ll also make sure that the other businesses we work with are just as careful with your data.
We use data to make your travel easy
We can use the contact details you share with us to let you know if there are changes to your flights, or other things happen that might affect your travel plans, like roadworks near to an airport you are using.
Plus by listening to what our customers tell us, we can make changes, to make things easier where we can.
We use data to make your travel more affordable
We plan our flight schedules around where you and all of our customers want to fly. This helps us keep prices as low as possible.
If you choose to receive email marketing from easyJet, we can let you know when tickets are on sale, when there are special offers, or to tell you about new routes.
We can also work with other businesses to put together exclusive offers that we think are right for you. Remember you’re in control and you can manage your preferences at any time.
You’re in control of your data
If you would like to stop receiving marketing from us, you can review and amend your preferences at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Unsubscribe".
If the information we hold on you is wrong, you can email us at email@example.com, let us know what needs updating and we will correct it.
1. Who is responsible for your data
We are part of a corporate group of companies (“our Group”), which includes easyJet Switzerland S.A (a company registered in Switzerland with registration no 106.034.481 and registered office 5 Route de l’Aeroport, Meyrin, CH-1215, Geneva, 15 Switzerland). easyJet Switzerland S.A is governed by the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection and the Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection.
2. Personal data we collect about you
We collect some personal data from you, for example when you book a flight with us, use our website or our app, use our services or contact us. We may also receive your personal data from our suppliers who provide services to you on our behalf (for example when you provide feedback on our services), our partners when you purchase their travel related products or third parties who act on your behalf, for example travel agents or other parties who book a flight for you. If you book a flight on behalf of someone else, you must have their consent to use their personal information.
For more information on the parties who may share your personal data with us, please see section 7 below.Categories of data we collect
We may collect and process the following categories of information about you:
Your name and surname and your contact details
(email address, telephone number and postal address)
When you create an account on our website
When you book a flight
When you purchase our easyJet plus membership
When you take part in our competitions, or
When you choose an offer we make available on our website
|Information about your bookings and your travel itinerary, if you require special assistance or if you have specific dietary requirements. This information may include any changes to your bookings and travel products that relate to your booking (for example if you purchase allocated seats or additional luggage or if you purchase travel insurance, rent a car or book a hotel along with your flight booking).
||When you book or manage your flight
|Information about your health, if you have a medical condition that may affect your flight (please see section “Sensitive personal data” below for more information)||When you provide us with this information before you fly
|Information about other passengers in your booking, and the age range of any children traveling with you.
||When you make a booking on behalf of other passengers
|Information about your transaction, including your payment card details
||When you purchase easyJet products or services
|Advance Passenger Information. This information includes your full name, your nationality, your date of birth, your gender (where required) - the number and type of your travel document (e.g. passport or ID), its expiry date and country of issue||When you check in for specific travel routes
|Information related to your flights and our services in connection with your flights (e.g. auto-bag drop service, declaring lost luggage)
||When you take an easyJet flight
When you use our services at the airport
|Information about your purchases of our partners’ travel related products and services
||When you purchase such products or services
|Information about the purchase of products available on board
||When you pre-order these products or purchase them on board
|The communications you exchange with us (for example, your emails, letters, calls, or your messages on our online chat service)
||When you contact easyJet or you are contacted by easyJet
|Your posts and messages on social media directed to easyJet
||When you interact with us on social media
||When you reply to our requests for feedback or participate in our customer surveys
|Your preferred departure locations
||When you choose to provide this information while creating an account or through managing your preferences
|Information about how you use our website or our mobile app, such as your searches for flights
||When you navigate on our website or when you use our mobile app
|Information that relates to your easyJet memberships (for example if you are an easyJet Plus member or a Flight Club member)
||When you obtain, renew or cancel your easyJet memberships
Sensitive personal data
In the course of providing services to you, we may collect information that could reveal your racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health, religious beliefs or alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences. Such information is considered “sensitive personal data” under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws. We only collect this information where you have given your explicit consent, it is necessary, or you have deliberately made it public.
For example, we may collect this information in the following circumstances:
For your safety, when you have a specific medical condition, you will need to inform us of that and –where required – provide us with a medical certificate. To find out more on medical information you need to disclose to us, please review our medical policy.
If you request special assistance during a flight, this could reveal information about your health (for example if you ask for a wheelchair). If you inform us about specific dietary requirements you may have, this could potentially indicate that you have specific religious beliefs. Also, when you provide us with your travel document details, your nationality may imply your racial or ethnic origin.
If you do not allow us to process any sensitive personal data, this may mean we are unable to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us. Please be aware that in such circumstances you will not be entitled to cancel or obtain a refund of any price you have paid.
3. How and why we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your travel bookings and provide our services to you When you are flying with us, we use your information to perform our services in relation to your flight, for example to issue your flight tickets, check you in for your flight, issue your boarding pass, accept you on board and take you safely to your destination. We also use it to change your flight bookings if you request such changes.
In addition, we use your information when you are using our airport services, such as when you check in at our desks at the airport or use our auto bag drop service.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you Occasionally we may need to contact you by email and/or SMS for administrative or operational reasons, for example in order to send you confirmation of your bookings and your payments, to inform you about your travel itinerary, to notify you when check in is available or to advise you of disruption and changes to your flights. If you are using our mobile app, we may also send you app notifications for these purposes.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience We may use your personal data in order to tailor our services to your needs and preferences and to provide you with a personalised customer experience. For example, if you inform us about your preferred departure airports we will be able to send you offers for flights relevant to your location.
- To inform you about news and offers that you may like We may send you marketing communications for our flights and travel products, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these, for example when you create an account on our website or make a booking with us and you do not express a wish to not receive such communications. You can also request us to send you marketing communications through managing your preferences in your account.
If you are happy to receive marketing communications, we will provide you with news from us such as new routes that you may be interested in or offers that you may like.
In addition, we will also send you communications promoting our partner’s products and services that may relate to your travel arrangements, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these.
Please note that we will not share your contact details and other personal data with these partners or other companies for marketing purposes. Our communications may relate to the following:
Product / service
Partner (including group companies)
||Europcar International S.A.S.U.
||Collinson Insurance Services Ltd and Zurich Insurance plc
||Airport to Hotel (UK) Limited, Gatwick Express Travel Services Limited, National Express Ltd, Abellio East Anglia Limited, Arriva The Shires Limited
||Holiday Extras Limited, ParkCloud Ltd, Società per Azioni Esercizi Aeroportuali
|Airport Lounge services
||Signature Flight Support UK Regions Ltd
||GetYourGuide Deutschland GmbH
|Housesitting while travelling
|easyJet Euro currency Card
||R. Raphael & Sons plc, Payment card technologies (Retail) Limited
We will update the above list with any changes to the products and services available on our website.
If you do not want to hear from us about our or our partners’ products and services, you can simply tell us so by choosing the relevant option before confirming your booking. You can also choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related email you may receive from us.
If you prefer, you can also call our Customer Service team and express your preference to not receive marketing communications (Tel. +44 843 104 5000) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Unsubscribe”.
- To improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes and protect our business interests The business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, fraud screening, safety, security and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development.
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example, our obligation to provide your information to border control agencies.
4. Requesting access to your personal data
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. This could include booking information relating to flights you have taken with us.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please visit our dedicated page for more information: https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/datarequest.
If you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com.
5. Security of your personal dataWe are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data. When you provide your personal data through our website or our mobile app, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
Furthermore, easyJet is a PCI DSS compliant organisation. This means that we adhere to high security standards in order to protect your payment card details when you are sending us this information.
6. Cookies or other tracking technologiesIn order to improve our services, to provide you with more relevant content and to analyse how visitors use our website and app, we may use technologies, such as cookies, pixels or tracking software. Please be aware that in most cases we will not be able to identify you from the information we collect using these technologies.
For example, we use software to monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us develop the design and layout of the website in order to enhance the experience of the visitors to our website. This software does not enable us to collect any personal data. In addition, in order to understand how our customers interact with the emails and the content that we send, we use pixels that allow us to know if the emails we send are opened or if the content of our emails is displayed in text or html form.
7. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within our Group. It may also be disclosed to a third party who acquires us, a member of our Group or substantially all of our assets.
We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties:
- Airports, government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators when this is necessary to get you to your destination or is required by law. For example, for specific travel routes we are required by law to provide border control agencies with information that relates to your travel documents and to your travel itinerary. This information is known as Advance Passenger Information. See our help page for more details about travel documents and Advance Passenger Information.
- Travel agents or other companies through which you book your easyJet flights
- Suppliers providing services to us in order to help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience. We may for example share your personal data with the companies who provide ground services for us to the airports to which we operate. We may also disclose your information to our contact centre or the companies who help us get your feedback on our services.
At easyJet, we select very carefully our suppliers who process your personal data on our behalf and require that they comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data.
- Credit and debit card companies
easyJet shares some of your personal data, which includes information about your method of payment and flight booking, to the credit or debit card company that issued the card you used to make your booking. In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud screening partner.
- Our partners who offer travel related products and services on our website, promote offers or co-organise competitions on our website
From time to time, we make certain third party offers available through our website or we publish competitions co-organised by third parties. If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties (for example Airport Transfers, Airport Lounges, Airport Parking), accept offers or participate in a competition, some of your personal data, such as your contact details and your billing information, may be directly collected by or disclosed to that third party.
As such, if you purchase their products or services, your information may be collected by or transferred to the following parties. Please note that the below list is not exhaustive and is subject to change:
- Hotelopia S.L.U. a legally constituted Spanish company, which operates as a wholesale-retail travel agency. Hotelopia, S.L.U. is based in Palma de Mallorca 07006 (Spain), C/ Calle Padre Ventura 19, with licence number BAL-481 M/D, tax identification code B-57218356 and registered in the Mercantile Register of Mallorca (page PM-44857, volume 2007, folio 148);
- Europcar International S.A.S.U., a company registered in France under number 542065305 and whose registered office is at 3 Avenue du Centre, 78881 Saint Quentin en Yvelines, France;
- Holiday Extras Limited, a company registered in England under number 01693250 and whose registered office is at Ashford Road, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4JF;
- Collinson Insurance Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 00758979 whose registered office is at Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU and Zurich Insurance plc, a public limited company incorporated in Ireland (registration no. 13460) with its registered branch in the UK, (UK establishment number BR7985), located at The Zurich Centre, 3000 Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7JZ
- Booking.com B.V., a company registered with the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, under registration number 31047344, with VAT registration number NL805734958B01.
Accordingly, when you purchase products available on board, your personal data will be transferred to our partner offering these products: gategroup Holding AG, a company registered in Switzerland under registration number 1299932, and whose registered office is at Balz-Zimmermanstrasse 7, 8302, Kloten, Switzerland, and/or its affiliate companies.
When you book connected flights through the “Worldwide by easyJet” service, your personal data will be shared with our partner airlines and Gatwick Airport through the GatwickConnects service.
- Authorities, including the Civil Aviation Authority
We may also disclose your personal data to the Civil Aviation Authority (“CAA”), for the purposes of ensuring compliance with and the enforcement of ATOL regulations.
In addition to the parties listed above, we may disclose your personal data when this is required by the law of any jurisdiction to which easyJet may be subject.
9. Contact information