easyJet Homepage

Travel documents and information

You’ll need to have some form of identification on both domestic and international flights.

Identification needed for domestic flights

Photographic ID is required on all domestic flights.

Children under the age of 16 do not need to show ID on domestic flights (excluding Italy). The adult they are travelling with can vouch for the infant's/child's identity.

Children under 14 on Italian domestic flight must show photographic ID.

Here's a few examples of photographic ID that is accepted:

  • A valid passport - an expired passport can be used up to a maximum of five years after expiry
  • Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
  • Valid photographic driving licence, provisional or full
  • Valid armed forces identity card
  • Valid police warrant card/badge

Identification needed for international flights

All customers travelling on international flights must hold either a valid EU/EEA/Swiss National Identity card or Passport, and, where required, a valid Visa. You must bring the physical Identity Card or Passport with you when travelling internationally, digital or app versions may not be accepted.

Your passport needs to be in good condition and signed. UK passports issued after March 2020 may not be printed with a signature and anyone aged 12 and over must sign their passport to make sure it's valid for travel. Some countries require that passports are valid for a minimum period beyond your trip, usually three or six months.

Please check your passport's expiry and issue date before you travel. If you're a UK passport holder travelling to the EU (except Ireland), or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican City or Switzerland, your passport will need to meet the following criteria:

  • It must be valid for at least three months after the day you plan to depart from the EU or above countries*
  • It must be no more than 10 years' old on the date of travel to the EU or above countries.

Visit the UK government’s advice page for more information.

Citizens of the European Union, European Economic Area and Switzerland may travel within Europe using a valid EU/EEA/Swiss National Identity Card or Passport Card.

Flights to the UK from 1st October 2021 – passport required

Following the UK’s exit from the EU, from 1st October 2021 most EU, EEA, Swiss national Identity Cards will no longer be valid for travel to the United Kingdom. You will be required to use a passport. 

This will not apply to those EU, EEA and Swiss nationals whose rights are protected by the Withdrawal Agreement, including those eligible for European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) status, frontier workers and joining EUSS family members. These individuals will continue to be able to use a national Identity Card for travel until at least 31 December 2025 and thereafter if the cards are compliant with International Civil Aviation Organisation standards.

For more information, please check the UK Government’s page here.

For flights to/from Kosovo and Turkey, National ID cards are accepted from certain EU countries only. Please contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country you are planning to visit.

For visa and passport requirements, please contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country you are planning to visit. Our Customer Services team are not able to give advice on specific visa or passport requirements.

1951 Convention Travel Document (Titre De Voyage) – holders of 1951 Travel Documents should provide Embassy or Consulate documents indicating they are able to travel Visa free, or hold a Visa for their destination.

UK Issued 1951 Travel Document Holders

Prior to the UK leaving the EU holders of 1951 Convention Travel Documents issued by the UK had access to visa-free travel to several EU countries. However, since the UK left the EU visa free travel for these document holders has changed for some EU countries.

Currently, EU member states have individual freedom in deciding whether they accept these documents Visa free, please ensure that you check with the relevant Embassy or Consulate and bring that information with you on your day of travel to assist you in completing your journey.

Spanish passengers aged under 18

As of 1st September 2019, all Spanish nationals under the age of 18 travelling from Spain to an international destination must hold a valid National Identity Card or valid passport, as well as a travel authorisation form issued by the Spanish Police if travelling without any of their parents/legal guardians. The Form can be collected from the National Police.

Documents required for children entering or leaving Portugal without a parent of guardian

Children aged 17 and under, must carry written authorization to be able to travel to and from Portugal if they are travelling without their parent or legal guardian.

Requirements for children travelling to Portugal without a parent or guardian

Children must carry a letter of authorisation signed by their parent/guardian. The letter must include the details of the adult who will be responsible for them during their stay in Portugal. For full information about the requirements please see the web pages of the Government of Portugal and the Government of the United Kingdom.

Requirements for resident children leaving Portugal

A child aged 17 and under, who is a resident of Portugal, must carry a notarised letter of authority from their parent or guardian if they’re travelling out of the country alone or without their parent or legal guardian. For more information please see the Government of Portugal website.

Children’s identification on other international flights

Children travelling on international flights must have either a valid passport or EU National ID card. Restrictions apply for children of certain nationalities, or travelling to/from specific countries. For visa and passport requirements, contact the Consulate or Embassy of the country you are planning to visit.

Unaccompanied children

Children aged 15 years and under MUST be accompanied by an adult aged 16 or over or they will be unable to travel.

Please note that regulations differ for children of certain nationalities, or travelling to/from specific countries. Please contact your respective consulates or embassies for a detailed list of restrictions.

Changing document details

You can change travel document details in Manage Bookings before you check-in (if you have replaced or lost your passport for example). Once you’ve checked in, any changes must be made through the easyJet: Travel App or via our Customer Service Team before check-in for your first flight closes. To do it yourself, go to the app, click on “check-in / passes”,  select the passenger you want to make changes for and amend their details.

Travelling to the UK

ePassport gates 

Get your trip started even faster by using the ePassport gates, available at most UK airports.

Non-EU passengers arriving from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the United States are able to use these handy gates as well as all British and EU nationals.

Children aged 10 and over can now enter the UK using the ePassport gates, too.

Before you use the gates, make sure your passport has the machine readable chip. If you’re unsure or need more information take a look at the Border Force website.

ETA may now be required for travel to the UK.

If you are a Qatari or GCC national (Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates), you may now need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) to travel to the UK. This replaces the Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW). You will need to complete this process online yourself with applications opening on 1st February 2024 and costing £10 per applicant.

Please visit GOV.UK or the ETA app to make sure you have the correct documents before you travel. If you arrive at the airport without the correct documents, you might not be able to fly. You can find more information on our Help page and FAQs.

Find out more​

Travelling to Gibraltar

If you are a Gibraltarian or British national living in Gibraltar you can travel between Gibraltar and the UK on your ID card. However, if you are a Gibraltarian resident and you do not have a Gibraltarian ID card, you need to have a valid passport to travel.

Gibraltar is a unique airport due to its proximity to the famous ‘Rock of Gibraltar’. Sometimes , due to weather conditions, we have to land at a nearby airport such as Malaga in Spain and continue your journey by land.

We therefore recommend that your travel documents allow you to enter Gibraltar and EU countries such as Spain. If you’re a non- EU passport holder you may require a visa.

Travelling to Amsterdam from Marrakesh

If you are travelling to Amsterdam from Marrakesh, you must go to easyJet Bag Drop for a document check before going through security, even if you do not have a bag to check in. The document check is for all customers travelling to Amsterdam.

All passengers with a non-Dutch passport will need to bring a photocopy of their passport with them to the airport. This is a requirement from The Government of the Netherlands and applies to all customers holding non-Dutch passports.

Please allow extra time for your journey to and through the airport, Bag Drop opens 3 hours before scheduled time of departure and closes 1 hour before.

Manage Bookings
Change your name, flight, seats or add hold luggage online.
Log in