This notice contains important information about your rights established by European regulation (EC) No.261/2004 and applies to you if:
- You have a confirmed booking on a flight operated by easyJet UK Limited, easyJet Europe Airline GmbH or easyJet Switzerland S.A. purchased at a fare available directly or indirectly to the general public; and
- Your flight is departing from an airport located in the UK or an EU member state, or
- Your flight is departing from an airport located in another country to an airport situated in the UK or an EU member state to which the Treaty applies, unless you receive benefits or compensation and were given assistance in that other country; and
- ou presented yourself for check-in and boarding, with a confirmed reservation, before our Closing Times (in accordance with our Terms and Conditions) or as otherwise notified to you (except in the case where your flight has been cancelled).
When easyJet reasonably expects a flight to be delayed beyond its scheduled departure time for at least 2 hours in cases of flights of 1500 km or less, or for at least 3 hours in cases of all flights within Europe of more than 1500 km, and of all other flights between 1500 km and 3500 km, or for at least 4 hours for flights greater than 3500km, you will be entitled to some of the rights set out in section 3(a) and (c).
If your flight is delayed by at least 5 hours, you will be entitled to reimbursement of that flight should you choose not to fly as set out in section 2(a).
If your flight is delayed to the day after the original flight departure time, you will be entitled to the rights under section 3(b) and (c).
In the event that your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours from its scheduled arrival time you will be entitled to the rights in section 1 below, except where the delay is due to extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken, including but not limited to air traffic control, weather, civil unrest, terrorist alerts and security alerts, industrial action and unexpected flight safety shortcomings.
If your flight is cancelled, you may be entitled to the rights set out in sections 2 and 3. You may also be entitled to compensation under section 1 of this notice EXCEPT when:
- You are informed of the cancellation at least 2 weeks before the scheduled departure time; or
- You are informed of the cancellation between 2 weeks and 7 days before the scheduled departure time and are offered re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than 2 hours before the scheduled departure time and to reach your final destination less than 4 hours after the scheduled arrival time; or
- You are informed of the cancellation less than 7 days before the scheduled departure time and are offered re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than 1 hour before the scheduled departure time and to reach your final destination less than 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time; or
- The cancellation is due to extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken, including but not limited to air traffic control, weather, civil unrest, terrorist alerts and security alerts, strike action and unexpected flight safety shortcomings.
1. Right to compensation
Has your flight been cancelled?
Has your flight been delayed so that you arrive at least 3 hours after the original scheduled arrival time?
If so, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- €250 for flights of 1500 km or less;
- €400 for flights within Europe of more than 1500 km, and all other flights between 1500 and 3500 km;
- €600 for all other flights of 3500km or more.
Please note that the compensation will be reduced by 50% if easyJet is able to offer you re-routing on an alternative flight to your final destination, provided that you arrive:
- within 2 hours of your original flight arrival time, in respect of flights of 1500 km or less;
- within 3 hours of your original flight arrival time for all flights between 1500 and 3500km provided you are flying in Europe; or
- within 4 hours of your original flight arrival time for any other flights.
Please note that compensation is only payable where the cause of the delay or cancellation is for reasons other than extraordinary circumstances
Our team will review relevant records to confirm your entitlements. Please go to www.easyJet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/delays-and-cancellations for more information.
2. Right to reimbursement or re-routing
Has your flight been cancelled? If so you can also obtain:
- reimbursement of the cancelled flight; or
- reimbursement for the part or parts of your journey already made if the flight no longer serves any purpose in relation to your original travel plans, together with, where relevant, a return flight to the first point of departure, at the earliest opportunity; or
- re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at the earliest opportunity; or
- re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to your final destination at a later date at your convenience, subject to availability of seats.
Has your flight been delayed for more than 5 hours and have you elected not to travel? You are entitled to reimbursement as explained in point a) above.
3. Right to care
Has your flight been delayed by 3 hours or more (or 2 hours if your flight distance was 1500km or less) or cancelled? If so you are entitled to:
- meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time;
- hotel accommodation and transport between the airport and the hotel, where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary;
- two telephone calls, or telex or fax messages, or emails.
Has your flight been delayed or cancelled before you arrive at the airport without notice to you? You are entitled to a) and c) above.
Have you had to postpone your flight to at least the day after the original flight departure time because of delay or re-routing? If so, you are entitled to b).
In the unlikely event it is not possible for easyJet to arrange care set out in this section, easyJet will reimburse you for reasonable expenses you incur. You can submit a claim via our website.
You will need to provide fully itemised receipts detailing the expense incurred. Please note that reimbursement for alcohol will not be made.
Should you require details of the applicable National Enforcement Body, please find these here: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/default/files/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf.
If you would like to make a complaint please contact our customer relations team by filling out our Contact Form at www.easyJet.com/en/help/contact.
More information on our claims procedures can be found www.easyJet.com/en/terms-and-conditions.
If we have been unable to resolve your complaint, you may be able to refer your complaint to Aviation ADR within 12 months of our final response.
They are approved by the Civil Aviation Authority to provide an independent review of complaints and dispute resolution services.
Their details are:AviationADR
12-14 Walker Avenue
Stratford Office Village
Tel: 020 7536 6099
Or, you may use the European Commission’s electronic form: ec.europa.eu/odr.