- In the February issue of easyJet Traveller magazine, the Promoter (defined below) is running a competition where one entrant will win a prize consisting of a pair of return flights across the easyJet network (subject to the below) (the “Promotion”).
The Promoter is easyJet Airline Company Limited, Hangar 89, London Luton Airport, LU2 9PF, United Kingdom (the "Promoter").
C. Eligibility to enter
- Entries from third party agents or bulk entries will not be eligible.
- Only one entry is permitted per person (each entry when received by the Promoter an “Entry”, and each person an “Entrant”). Duplicate entries will not be considered.
- Each Entrant must be, on the date of submitting their Entry, 18 years old or above, resident in the EEA and have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining from the end of the Promotional Period (defined below).
- Entrants (or members of their families or households) must not be employees of the Promoter, its agents, or anyone professionally connected with this Promotion or its administration.
- The Promoter may require the Entrants to provide proof that they are eligible to participate in this Promotion.
D. How to enter
- The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- To enter the promotion, the Entrant must write a poem on an easyJet sick bag, take a photo of it and upload the photo on Instagram or Twitter, using the hashtag “#LoveSickSonnets” and tagging @easyJet.
- Entries must be made between 00:01 (BST) Thursday 1st February 2018 until 23:59 (BST) on Wednesday 28th February 2018 inclusive (the “Promotional Period”).
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any Entries that are not received by it for any reason on or before the end of the Promotional Period, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions with any Entry. Proof of transmission of an Entry is not proof of receipt.
E. Procedure details
- The winning Entrant will be selected by the Promoter in accordance with the following process (the “Winner”):
a) At the end of the competition, all valid Entries for each competition will be entered into the pool.
b) The winning Entry will then be chosen on behalf of the Promoter by a panel of judges choosing their favourite poem among the Entries submitted.
c) The Winner will be selected during the week commencing 5th March 2018 and notified via Twitter or Instagram (depending on their method of entry) by Wednesday 14th March 2018. All further communications to redeem the Prize (defined below) shall be carried out via email using the email address provided to the Promoter.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Prize is a pair of return direct flights (part of the Promoter’s usual flight network) from the Winner’s airport of choice to any destination in the easyJet network that the Promoter flies to and will be supplied by the Promoter (the "Flights" and the “Prize”), as further described below.
- The Winner and their travel companion are entitled to one (1) piece of 23kg hold baggage per person each way for the Flights and one (1) piece of hand baggage may be taken on board the Flights per person each way. Hold baggage and hand baggage weight, size and security requirements can be found on the easyJet website: http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/baggage
- No other expenses will be covered. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize excludes (without limitation) travel insurance, additional baggage allowance, spending money, accommodation and transfers to/from the outgoing/returning airport.
- The Winner agrees to co-operate and provide all information necessary for the Promoter to arrange the Prize.
- The Winner will be solely responsible for ensuring that they – and their travel partner – are able to travel, and that they hold a valid passport, any necessary visas and travel documents for the flights in question between the dates agreed.
- The Flights must be booked within six (6) months from the end of the Promotional Period. Bookings must be made using the standard easyJet Prize flight booking form, which will be sent to the Winner by email and should be returned via email.
- The Winner may book the Flights for travel to take place no earlier than four (4) weeks from the date of booking and the return Flight must occur within ten (10) months of the date of booking.
- All personal information will be used solely in connection with the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, Entrants grant the Promoter the right to use and publish the Entrants’ name and Entry in such material as the Promoter may choose (including the internet, social media and easyJet’s inflight magazine) for promotional purposes in connection with the Prize without additional consideration. Such Entries, images and associated usernames will be public to all.
H. Limiation of liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable to any Entrant for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or the Prize. Liability in relation to carriage is governed by the Promoter’s general terms and conditions at: easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions, save that Regulation EC261/2004 does not apply to Prize flights and no compensation will be payable in the event of flight delay or cancellation. Statutory rights are not affected.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or withdraw the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
- Each Entrant must also comply with the Promoter’s general terms and conditions available on the Promoter’s website: easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entries where the Promoter knows or has reason to believe that the publication of their Entry could lead to damage to the Promoter’s reputation or business.
- Winners are responsible for any personal taxes (excluding passenger taxes) which they may be liable for in their country of residence as a result of receiving the Prize.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- Entrants acknowledge that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter and Instagram whatsoever. Any information provided as part of the Promotion is provided to the promoter and not to Twitter and Instagram. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions Twitter and Instagram. Entrants completely release Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion.
- Unless otherwise provided by applicable law, these terms and this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of England.
- You can bring proceedings in respect of these terms and the Promotion in the English courts. However, if you are a consumer resident in another EU member state, you may be able to bring proceedings in that member state and benefit from its mandatory provisions of law. Nothing in these terms, including Article 8, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.