Edinburgh Airport Guide
"Welcome to Edinburgh airport! The airport is only 8 miles from Edinburgh City centre and has excellent transport links for all of Scotland. We are just off the M8 motorway, making us easily accessible. Friendly service is our passion and we are proud to have been voted Europe’s friendliest airport in 2012. We are here to make your journey enjoyable and easy, at every step." (Jacqui, Airport Manager)
Departing from Edinburgh Airport
1. Check-in online
- Whether you are travelling with cabin bag only or hold luggage, please check in online.
- You can check in online and print your boarding pass from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
2. Bag Drop
- Edinburgh has one terminal building
- Our Bag Drop is located on the ground floor of the terminal building
- Departures is located on the top floor of the terminal building.
- Departure gates will appear on the airport information screens 50 minutes before the departure time. Screens are throughout the airport for your convenience. We can depart from any gate in the terminal.
Arriving at Edinburgh Airport
- Arrivals that are out-with the UK are required to go through passport control. All domestic UK easyJet arrivals can proceed straight to baggage collection and arrivals
- Edinburgh is one of the last remaining airports to have a mixed departure lounge where domestic UK arriving passengers can mix with outbound international passengers
- There are several restaurants and bars before security but there is a greater variety after security
- After security there are a variety of retail shops and a large duty free shop
- Our Bag Drop closes promptly 40 minutes before the departure time, please check in on-line every time
- You can expect to be boarded into a pre-boarding corridor or stairwell and to the aircraft via steps or an airbridge. Buses are rarely used to take you to the aircraft
For more detailed information on on the airport view terminal map.
Find a great deal on car rental from the airport with our car rental partner Europcar.
With Europcar’s Airport Connect service you can even collect, or return a rental car near your home.
Find a great deal on parking at the airport.
Pre book your door-to-door airport transfers with our transfer partner Holiday Taxis.
Take a look at our selection of comfortable and convenient airport hotels.
Find out more information on travelling to and from the airport including details on local bus and train services.
Remember to check in online and print your boarding pass for your flight. The service is free and is available from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
Cabin bags only?
If you only have cabin bags you can head straight to the departure gate. Remember to check in online 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure and to print your boarding pass ready for your flight.
If you have hold luggage, check in online and print your boarding pass, then once at the airport, take your bags to one of the easyJet 'Bag drop' desks located in the departure hall.
Need some help?
If you have any specific needs or access requirements during your trip, please let us know online or by calling 0843 224 4165, no later than 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.
We recommend arriving at the airport with plenty of time before you depart so you can get through security and find your boarding gate.