Sharm El Sheikha Airport Guide
"Welcome to Sharm El Sheikh airport. We have a great team here that are ready to assist you in your journey through the airport to make it easy, at every step. So, if you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to contact one of us! We look forward to seeing you soon."
Departing from Sharm El Sheikh Airport
1. Check-in online
- Whether you are travelling with cabin bag only or hold luggage, please check in online.
- You can check in online and print your boarding pass from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
2. Bag Drop
- Once at the airport look for the 'Bag Drop' signs if you have bags to be placed in the hold.
- Please note that all passengers must be able to present their flight booking confirmation to be accepted into the terminal building and the bag drop area as a result of local security regulations. Passengers who are not able to show a print-out of a valid flight booking will not be allowed to enter the terminal building.
- Please note revised opening and closing times for Bag Drop at this airport. Bag Drop opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight and closes 60 minutes before.
- Keep a close eye on the departure information screens to check which gate your flight is departing from.
- Distance to gates vary from airport to airport and may require a several minute walk. It is best to find out as soon as possible which gate your flight is departing from to then see how long it will take to get there.
- Boarding methods also vary depending on where you are travelling from. Some require a short bus transfer from the terminal to aircraft whilst others use an "air-jetty" or require a short walk from the gate to aircraft.
Arriving at Sharm El Sheikh Airport
- All easyJet flights arrive and depart from Terminal 1.
- Our team are ready on hand if you have any questions or require assistance.
The airport is located approximtely 18km northeast of Sharm el Sheikh, near Ras Nasrani. The airport is situated just off a major road which follows the coast directly into Sharm El Sheikh. Journey time is around 20 minutes.
Find a great deal on car rental from the airport with our car rental partner Europcar.
Pre book your door-to-door airport transfers with our transfer partner Holiday Taxis.
Take a look at our selection of comfortable and convenient airport hotels.
Find out more information on travelling to and from the airport including details on local bus and train services.
Remember to check in online and print your boarding pass for your flight. The service is free and is available from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
Cabin bags only?
If you only have cabin bags you can head straight to the departure gate. Remember to check in online 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure and to print your boarding pass ready for your flight.
If you have hold luggage, check in online and print your boarding pass, then once at the airport, take your bags to one of the easyJet 'Bag drop' desks located in the departure hall.
Need some help?
If you have any specific needs or access requirements during your trip, please let us know online or by calling 0843 224 4165, no later than 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.
We recommend arriving at the airport with plenty of time before you depart so you can get through security and find your boarding gate.