Things to Do in Praia Da Rocha
Praia da Rocha attractions
Best attractions in Praia da Rocha
- You can’t stay here without spending time on the beaches, which are one of the resort’s biggest assets. Even in February or October there will be people sunbathing and enjoying the enviably warm weather.
- Explore the shops and street stalls by the promenade, where you can pick up souvenirs.
- Have a go at surfing on the main Praia da Rocha beach, which has good waves and is popular with both beginners and more experienced surfers.
Family Holidays to Praia da Rocha
- Take the family to the Roman remains at Quinta da Abicada, which is in Figueira, just out of town. See the ruins of an ancient villa that was built when Roman settlers began to influence culture in the Algarve.
- Visit the harbour for boat tours to the nearby caves, which are breath-taking. Don’t forget your camera as you see the grottoes and glide through the ocean. An extra special boat trip can also be taken on the Santa Bernada Pirate Ship.
- Sit back and enjoy a Jeep Safari, allowing you to get to know the Algarve landscape with a lively guided tour.
Praia da Rocha Attractions for Couples and Groups
- Try some authentic Portuguese food at one of the inland restaurants, where you can indulge in beautiful seafood, soups and port or local wine.
- If you’re up for an adventure then the cliff top walk to Praia do Vau has fantastic scenic views and leads to a popular beach.
- Walk or catch a bus to the neighbouring resort of Portimao, just 3km away, where you’ll find a bigger nightlife scene than in Praia da Rocha as well as sophisticated bars. By day you can wander through Portimao’s Old Town and visit the museum.
Book your cheap holiday in Praia da Rocha today
If you’re looking for a fun beach break then Praia da Rocha definitely fits the bill, with activities for all ages. Book your flights and accommodation together with easyJet holidays and create your own Praia da Rocha getaway.