Holidays in Paris Airports
|Local time:||GMT/BST +1 hour|
|Flight time||Transfer time
|Paris Charles de Gaulle||1 hour|
|Paris Orly||1 hour|
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Charles de Gaulle Airport, in Paris, also known as Roissy Airport, is France’s largest airport:
- It is the world’s seventh busiest airport, and Europe’s second busiest.
- Paris CDG served over 58 million passengers in 2010.
- It has three terminals, and a subway train which runs between them.
- It is located 14 miles from Central Paris.
- The least expensive way to get into Paris is on the RER train, which connects with the Metro system.
- Alternatively, there are shuttle buses, or taxis.
Shopping, eating and drinking in Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Shopping in Charles de Gaulle is almost exclusively luxury brands and designer boutiques.
- However, there are plenty of opportunities to pick up some lovely French souvenirs, such as champagne, wine, jewellery and cosmetics.
- There are children’s interactive play areas to keep the little ones amused.
- Every kind of cuisine is catered for at Charles de Gaulle airport, from all the major coffee chains, to fine dining, to British-style pubs to American diners.
- Paris is renowned for being one of the most beautiful and romantic cities, as well as being a hub of culture, art, fashion and foodIt is home to some of the most important fashion houses, including Chanel, L’Oreal and Dior.
- It is also home to some of the world’s most iconic landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Paris also has some of the best museums and galleries in the world, including The Louvre, the home of the Mona Lisa, and the Museum Marmottan-Monet, featuring works by Monet and Renoir.
Enjoy a holiday in Paris with easyJet holidays’ flexible and low fare holidays.