Kos Town Nightlife
On your holiday to Kos Town there’s a varied nightlife scene to enjoy, from the hedonism of Bar Street, to the relaxed restaurants and cafes in the main town square. With a backdrop of ancient ruins and a modern port, Kos Town nightlife will certainly be memorable.
If you’re looking for cheap drinks and a street that makes a bar crawl absolutely necessary, then make sure you head to Bar Street. Just off the main marina, in the daytime the bars look fairly inconspicuous, however in the evening their neon lights come on and they start serving neon cocktails! There are plenty of two for one cocktails on offer pretty much everywhere, and bar staff haggle with you on the street to get you to go into their clubs and bars. Great if you’re travelling with a large group, or even if you’re a lively couple, most of the bars are the same, though there are a few “British” themed pubs to explore.
- Top Bars: West Bar, situated on a corner halfway up the street is certainly one of the biggest bars, which is great if you’re travelling with a large group.
- Top Tip: Most bars offer two for one cocktails so always feel free to haggle with the bar staff if you want to get a bit extra for your money!
Kos Town Square
The town square which backs Bar Street is a lot more serene and is great if you’re travelling with children or simply want to have a peaceful meal. The tree-lined street that runs perpendicular to Bar Street has a range of restaurants on it, where you can relax and have a wonderful Greek dinner. The restaurants in the area offer a range of local and international food so even the fussiest eaters can find pizza and chips on most menus! The town square is lined with cafes if you just want a coffee or a beer, and the main market is usually open until late.
- Top restaurant: Extra, located through the arch of the town square offers a range of Italian and Greek cuisine, as well as fresh fish which changes daily. Dining is outside, as with all restaurants in Kos Town.
- Top Tip: There are lots of cats in the area – don’t feed them your leftovers unless you want an army of them following you back to your hotel!
Kos Town Harbour
The harbour is lined with loads of restaurants and bars, each of them with a great view of the fortress which overlooks the harbour. There’s a stiff competition to get tourists into restaurants and many have waiters on the street inviting people in. Most of what’s on offer is similar, so make sure you browse around to get the best prices.
- Top Night Out: Try dinner on one of the restaurant boats moored at the harbour. A memorable experience for all the family – especially if you want to eat somewhere unique.
- Top Tip: Many restaurants will give you ouzo after a meal. Be warned that this local liquor is made from aniseed – not to everyone’s tastes!
Ensure you book a Kos holiday now and enjoy the spectacular nightlife on offer.