Absolutely heaving with all kinds of nightlife, Barcelona makes for a colourful and vibrant night out. For top nightlife in Barcelona, you won't have to look far. Cosy Spanish bars are found on many street corners, and some of the best nightclubs in Europe are located here. Whatever your taste in music or food, a unique and fun-filled night out awaits you in Barcelona.
Barcelona's busy boulevard Las Ramblas is the perfect place to start a night out. The nightlife in Barcelona doesn't get more authentic than Las Ramblas. For a true taste of nightlife in Barcelona, sample some of the local dishes, before moving onto one of the many elegant cocktail bars.
- Top Bars: Boadas is a classic little cocktail bar with a long list of delicious concoctions to sample. You'll find it in the middle of Las Ramblas. If you fancy a beer instead, head to Hogan's. You'll be spoilt for choice with their beer selection, and sports lovers will be happy with the plasma TVs.
- Top Tips: This is also a great place for families during the earlier hours of the night. Plenty of restaurants can be found here, and street performers are often around to keep the children amused.
Home to a variety of stylish clubs and hang-outs, this is the place to mingle with interesting people and have a dance or two. This is certainly the place to come for the party side of nightlife in Barcelona! Raval is also the perfect place to see some live music, so keep an eye on those club listings.
- Top Clubs: Start your night-out at Marmalade, which serves great value cocktails and is a handy place to pick up flyers for clubs. For a fun-filled vibe, head to Les Enfants, Barcelona's oldest club, which plays an eclectic and fun mix of music. For those who love a wild, busy party atmosphere, check out Sala Apolo, which is open every evening. Sala Apolo also hosts live music nights.
- Top Tips: Raval is home to many bars and clubs, so it is worth having a good explore to find the perfect place to have a drink. Whatever your music tastes, you'll certainly find somewhere here.
At night, the area known as the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona comes alive. Some of the most famous nightclubs in Spain can be found here, and they are popular with a diverse crowd of music and party lovers. Club nights here hold interesting themes and creative music choices, making it the top spot for nightlife in Barcelona.
- Top Clubs: Sidecar Factory Club is an excellent place for live music fans, hosting rock and punk bands throughout the week. For lovers of techno and electronic music, check out Macarena. This club is home to Barcelona's best DJs and sound system, and often hosts international DJs on the decks.
- Top Tips: Ditch the map, and explore the many historic side streets to find an interesting bar to begin your perfect night out.
Find out about city breaks in Barcelona here.