To ensure the safety of the aircraft, and all those on board, passengers’ checked-in or hand baggage must not contain articles or substances that could pose a danger (some exemptions apply), these include:
See below further information relating to articles or substances not permitted on board in either checked-in luggage or hand baggage:
- Gas cylinders such as deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable and poisonous gases including butane, oxygen and propane. This also includes butane gas (e.g. for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef's blow torches.
- Small cartridges for other devices. No more than four small cylinders of carbon dioxide or other suitable non-flammable non-toxic gas per person and the water capacity of each cylinder must not exceed 50 mL. Note: for carbon dioxide, a gas cylinder with a water capacity of 50 mL is equivalent to a 28 g cartridge.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighters or heater fuels, paint and matches (except one box of matches or one refillable cigarette lighter as provided below). Please note that passengers may only carry on their person one box of safety matches or one refillable cigarette lighter. These must be carried on the person and are NOT permitted in Your Cabin Baggage or in Your Hold Baggage. Disposable lighters and “strike anywhere” matches are NOT permitted to be carried either in the aircraft cabin (on Your person or in Cabin Baggage) or in Hold Baggage under any circumstances.
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidising materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis and wet-cell batteries.
- Guns, firearms and weapons such as toys or replica guns (plastic or metal), catapults, cross bows, harpoons, all firearms and component parts of firearms, signal flare pistols, starter pistols, air pistols, rifles and pellet guns, industrial bolt and nail guns, animal humane killers, stun or shocking devices, lighters shaped like firearms but excluding police, sporting and competition firearms and their ammunition (see below for further details).
- Pointed/Edged Weapons and Sharp Objects such as axes, hatchets, arrows, darts, crampons, harpoons, spears, ice axes and ice picks, ice skates, meat cleavers, household cutlery, knives with blades of any length and machetes, ski and walking/hiking poles, razor blades and scalpels, trademen’s tools, sabres, swords and swordsticks, scissors, hypodermic syringes (unless supported by medical evidence).
- Blunt Instruments such as sporting bats, billiard, snooker or pool cues, lacrosse and hockey sticks, fishing rods, martial arts equipment.
In addition to the list of dangerous goods highlighted above, the following articles are not permitted to be carried on an easyJet aircraft, whether in the aircraft cabin or the hold:
THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADD ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO THIS LIST FOR SAFETY AND/OR OPERATIONAL REASONS WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
- Explosive and Flammable Substances:
- Ammunition, explosives and explosive devices
- Blasting caps
- Detonators and fuses
- Replica or imitation explosive material or devices
- Mines and other explosive military stores
- Fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics
- Grenades, smoke generating canisters or cartridges
- Flammable liquids of any kind
- Aerosol spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner
- Alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume
- Chemical and toxic substances:
- Acids and alkalis, corrosive or bleaching substances
- Disabling or incapacitating sprays
- Radioactive material
- Poisons, infectious or biological hazardous material
- Fire extinguishers
- Hair curlers containing hydrocarbon gas On all Flights with an IATA Designator of EZY but not on Flights with an IATA Designator of EZS, up to one (1) hair curler containing hydrocarbon gas may be carried in Your Cabin Baggage or Your Hold Baggage per passenger, provided that: (a) the safety cover is securely fitted over the heating element; and (b) the hair curler is not used on board the aircraft at any time. Gas refills for hair curlers are not permitted to be carried on the person or in Your Cabin Baggage or Your Hold Baggage on any easyJet Flight. On Flights with an IATA Designator of EZS, hair curlers and any other flammable gas powered devices (and/or their replacement cartridges) are not permitted anywhere on to the aircraft, either in the aircraft cabin or the hold.
For more information please visit the CAA website page
- Sporting and competition firearms listed in this Article and their ammunition are permitted for carriage provided that they are securely packed or boxed. Please read the specific requirements below and call our Customer Service Team to inform us that you are travelling with a firearm or ammunition.
All passengers intending to travel with firearms or ammunition must ensure they have the required:
a) documentation and licences;
b) export/import licences; and
c) authorisation from local and national authorities.
Please note that some types of firearms are not permitted in certain countries and easyJet is unable to accept firearms for carriage to and within such countries. The passenger is solely responsible for requirements (a) – (c) above being correct and up to date for any firearm(s) or ammunition. The passenger must also produce a valid identity document (e.g. passport).
Please make sure you arrive at the bag drop desks at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight in order that we can carry out all the necessary checks. If you arrive after this time you may not be permitted to fly.
Please note that the following types of firearms are permitted:
Firearms must be unloaded and properly packed in a suitable gun bag. A maximum of 5kgs of ammunition is permitted per passenger and it must be packed securely, ideally in the manufacturer's container. The ammunition may be packed with the firearm, providing it is securely boxed. Ammunition with explosive or incendiary projectiles is prohibited.
- Sporting shotguns with barrels of longer than 24 inches (60cms).
- Sporting rifles (including Air Rifles) of any calibre, but not semi-automatic weapons with a larger bore than .22.
- Sporting single shot handguns with a calibre of .22 or less.
- Any rifles and handguns with a calibre of .22 or less.
If you travel with sporting or competition firearms you must be over 18 years of age, or accompanied by someone over 18 years of age. If you wish to travel with sporting or competition firearms you are charged an additional sports equipment fee per firearm per flight.
- E-cigarettes: all electronic cigarettes and a maximum of two spare batteries to be taken in Cabin Baggage only.