Manchester Airport Guide
"Hello, I’m Leanne and I’m the Airport Manager for easyJet in Manchester. The local team and I have put together this guide to help your find your way around our airport. We see it from your point of view and we know how hard it can be to navigate around an airport (especially with your family in tow) so hopefully this guide will give you some helpful tips to make your journey easy, at every step! Enjoy your journey with us!" (Leanne, Airport Manager)
(Leanne, Airport Manager)
Departing from Manchester Airport
1. Check-in online
- Whether you are travelling with cabin bag only or hold luggage, please check in online.
- You can check in online and print your boarding pass from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
2. Bag Drop
- The easyJet Bag Drop is based in the main hall level 5 in Terminal 1.
- The easyJet sales desk is opposite the Bag Drop desks.
- You can drop your bags for any flight at any of our desks from 2 hours prior to departure.
- Our gates are served by two piers after passing through central security and world duty free.
- Please view the flight information boards in the departure lounge for details of your gate.
- There are many shops and restaurants through security and pre-paid lounges are available.
Arriving at Manchester Airport
- All easyJet international arrivals are required to proceed through passport control before going to baggage collection and arrivals hall.
- When you arrive into Terminal 1 there are passport e –gates that are simple to use and to save time if there is a queue.
- Should you have any questions surrounding lost or damaged baggage our baggage team partners Global Baggage Solutions (GBS) have a desk located immediately after passport control in the baggage hall.
- Manchester operates an automated boarding announcement system in the departure lounge for boarding and final call for each flight. Individual named announcements are not made.
- Individual passenger calls for flights are only made within the gate area and not in the main departure lounge.
- At Manchester Airport, passengers can benefit from free WIFI, business facilities, tax free shopping and wide range of places to eat and drink including places for prayer and quiet reflection away from the bustle of the main terminals.
- If you are a passenger with reduced mobility you must make yourself known to our service provider OCS who operate a special assistance desk near the easyJet Bag Drop area.
For more detailed information on on the airport view terminal guide.
Find a great deal on car rental from the airport with our car rental partner Europcar.
With Europcar’s Airport Connect service you can even collect, or return a rental car near your home.
Find a great deal on parking at the airport.
Pre book your door-to-door airport transfers with our transfer partner Holiday Taxis.
Take a look at our selection of comfortable and convenient airport hotels.
Find out more information on travelling to and from the airport including details on local bus and train services.
Remember to check in online and print your boarding pass for your flight. The service is free and is available from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
Cabin bags only?
If you only have cabin bags you can head straight to the departure gate. Remember to check in online 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure and to print your boarding pass ready for your flight.
If you have hold luggage, check in online and print your boarding pass, then once at the airport, take your bags to one of the easyJet 'Bag drop' desks located in the departure hall.
Need some help?
If you have any specific needs or access requirements during your trip, you can request Special Assistance online through Manage Bookings or by calling our Special Assistance Team, no later than 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.
We recommend arriving at the airport with plenty of time before you depart so you can get through security and find your boarding gate.