Cheap flights to Geneva
With an old town ripe for exploring, full of winding cobblestone streets, gothic cathedrals and ancient city walls, Geneva has the historic charm that you would expect from any Swiss city. And being at the foot of the Alps, it also has a natural beauty that is hard to beat. Think lakeside promenades, parks and cafes complete with snow-capped mountains and you get the picture. But don’t go thinking this city is all history and no buzz. You’ll be hard pushed to find a more cosmopolitan place in Europe.
Geneva is home to international organisations such as the Red Cross and United Nations, to name a few, and is a modern city full of upmarket restaurants and hotels, with a nightlife that is more pumping than you’d expect. Rooftop cocktail bars, lakeside terraces, live music haunts and techno blaring dance clubs are all here catering to Geneva’s diverse population.
For a pre-Christmas treat, give your pale winter skin a perk-up at the Sisley spa in one of Geneva's smartest hotels, Le Richemond. A facial in one of its treatment rooms is so relaxing you'll likely fall asleep. The complex also includes a sauna, steam room and relaxation room. Bliss (8 Rue Adhémar-Fabri, dorchestercollection.com).
Celebrating a failed siege on the city in December 1602, the Escalade winter festival (this year on 14 December) attracts crowds to the Old Town to watch torchbearing costumed revellers commemorate the event in a procession. With plenty of hot food and vin chaud to go round, it's a fun way to spend a winter's evening in the city. 1602.ch
This month music stars from all over the world, representing many musical styles, descend on Montreux for the annual Jazz Festival. Even if you don't have a ticket, you can soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the town's tropical micro-climate. montreuxjazz.com
On a clear autumn day take in the stunning panorama from the summit of Rochers-de-Naye, accessed by mountain railway from Montreux, an hour from Geneva. Linger for longer at the top by staying the night in a Mongolian yurt. goldenpass.ch
You're flying from
You know when you want to travel
- Aberdeen to Geneva - £74.99, Jan >
- Belfast BFS to Geneva - £35.99, Feb >
- Birmingham to Geneva - £26.99, Feb >
- Bournemouth to Geneva - £24.99, Feb >
- Bristol to Geneva - £22.99, Apr >
- Edinburgh to Geneva - £30.99, Mar >
- Glasgow to Geneva - £39.99, Mar >
- Leeds Bradford to Geneva - £27.99, Mar >
- Liverpool to Geneva - £26.99, Jan >
- London Gatwick to Geneva - £32.99, Jan >
- London Luton to Geneva - £28.99, Jan >
- London Southend to Geneva - £23.99, Apr >
- London Stansted to Geneva - £28.99, Feb >
- Manchester to Geneva - £22.99, Jan >
- Newcastle to Geneva - £25.99, Feb >