Cheap flights to Geneva
With an old town ripe for exploring, full of winding cobblestone streets, gothic cathedrals and ancient city walls, Geneva has the historic charm that you would expect from any Swiss city. And being at the foot of the Alps, it also has a natural beauty that is hard to beat. Think lakeside promenades, parks and cafes complete with snow-capped mountains and you get the picture. But don’t go thinking this city is all history and no buzz. You’ll be hard pushed to find a more cosmopolitan place in Europe.
Geneva is home to international organisations such as the Red Cross and United Nations, to name a few, and is a modern city full of upmarket restaurants and hotels, with a nightlife that is more pumping than you’d expect. Rooftop cocktail bars, lakeside terraces, live music haunts and techno blaring dance clubs are all here catering to Geneva’s diverse population.
Get to know French-Swiss musical talent by checking out the many performances held as part of Voix de Fête, a Francophone music festival held over several venues in town from 9-15 March. voixdefete.com
Ogle the latest supercars at the Palexpo convention centre when the world-famous International Geneva Motor Show hits town on 5-15 March. Some 250 exhibitors will be presenting the newest technological advances, prototypes and cars of the future (30 Route François-Peyrot, salon-auto.ch).
This month music stars from all over the world, representing many musical styles, descend on Montreux for the annual Jazz Festival. Even if you don't have a ticket, you can soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the town's tropical micro-climate. montreuxjazz.com
Have a boogie in your salopettes at the annual Rock the Pistes festival in the Portes du Soleil ski region on 14-21 March. From Avoriaz to Champéry, the hills will come alive with the sound of music. rockthepistes.com
You're flying from
You know when you want to travel
- Aberdeen to Geneva - £80.99, Apr >
- Belfast BFS to Geneva - £33.99, Mar >
- Birmingham to Geneva - £22.99, Apr >
- Bournemouth to Geneva - £23.99, Apr >
- Bristol to Geneva - £20.99, Apr >
- Edinburgh to Geneva - £24.99, Apr >
- Glasgow to Geneva - £39.99, Mar >
- Leeds Bradford to Geneva - £22.99, Apr >
- Liverpool to Geneva - £20.99, Apr >
- London Gatwick to Geneva - £28.99, Apr >
- London Luton to Geneva - £26.99, Apr >
- London Southend to Geneva - £23.99, Mar >
- London Stansted to Geneva - £26.99, Apr >
- Manchester to Geneva - £20.99, Apr >
- Newcastle to Geneva - £22.99, Apr >