Cheap flights to Geneva
With an old town ripe for exploring, full of winding cobblestone streets, gothic cathedrals and ancient city walls, Geneva has the historic charm that you would expect from any Swiss city. And being at the foot of the Alps, it also has a natural beauty that is hard to beat. Think lakeside promenades, parks and cafes complete with snow-capped mountains and you get the picture. But don’t go thinking this city is all history and no buzz. You’ll be hard pushed to find a more cosmopolitan place in Europe.
Geneva is home to international organisations such as the Red Cross and United Nations, to name a few, and is a modern city full of upmarket restaurants and hotels, with a nightlife that is more pumping than you’d expect. Rooftop cocktail bars, lakeside terraces, live music haunts and techno blaring dance clubs are all here catering to Geneva’s diverse population.
From mid-November Geneva embraces the chilly days by opening an outdoor ice rink in the lovely Parc des Bastions. Wrap up, hire some skates and try your best not to be outshone by Geneva's ice hockey-loving kids. Entry to the rink is free (Les Bastions, myswitzerland.com).
It's been 60 years since the founding of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, better known as CERN. Mark the occasion by visiting its free Universe of Particles exhibition to get your head around particle physics and see the computer the internet was created on (385 Route de Meyrin, cern.ch).
This month music stars from all over the world, representing many musical styles, descend on Montreux for the annual Jazz Festival. Even if you don't have a ticket, you can soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the town's tropical micro-climate. montreuxjazz.com
On a clear autumn day take in the stunning panorama from the summit of Rochers-de-Naye, accessed by mountain railway from Montreux, an hour from Geneva. Linger for longer at the top by staying the night in a Mongolian yurt. goldenpass.ch
You're flying from
You know when you want to travel
- Aberdeen to Geneva - £86.99, Jan >
- Belfast BFS to Geneva - £31.99, Feb >
- Birmingham to Geneva - £26.99, Feb >
- Bournemouth to Geneva - £23.99, Feb >
- Bristol to Geneva - £22.99, Apr >
- Edinburgh to Geneva - £30.99, Feb >
- Glasgow to Geneva - £37.99, Jan >
- Leeds Bradford to Geneva - £26.99, Feb >
- Liverpool to Geneva - £26.99, Jan >
- London Gatwick to Geneva - £32.99, Jan >
- London Luton to Geneva - £30.99, Jan >
- London Southend to Geneva - £25.99, Apr >
- London Stansted to Geneva - £28.99, Jan >
- Manchester to Geneva - £22.99, Apr >
- Newcastle to Geneva - £27.99, Feb >