Please check in online for your easyJet flight.
It’s free, quick and easy and saves you time at the airport.
You can check in online and print your boarding pass from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
Any subsequent flights, including your return flight, will also be available for online check-in (as long as these flights take place within 30 days of your outbound flight).
There are three ways to check in online:
- Choose ‘Manage bookings’ on the top right-hand side of our homepage – available only if you made your original booking online via easyJet.com
- Select 'Check-in online' on the top right-hand side of our homepage
- Select the link to 'Check-in online' on your online check-in reminder email.
Print the boarding passes for all flights before you leave home
We recommend that you print the boarding passes for all flights before you leave home.
If you don’t have a printer, you can save the boarding pass and email it to yourself or someone else to print from a PC with printing facilities, for example at work or at an internet café. (Please note that, for security reasons, you’ll be asked to show your online boarding pass with the appropriate photo ID at the airport.)
If you’re travelling with a cabin bag only, you can go straight to airport security with your printed online boarding pass. Please make sure you have the correct travel documents.
If you’re bringing hold luggage to the airport, all airports have Bag Drop desks or Bag Drop kiosks that allow you to drop off your luggage quickly and easily.
Bag Drop desks generally close 40 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight.
The Bag Drop desks at airports in Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Morocco close 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Please check your boarding pass for details.
Please note that certain airports are subject to different check-in desk and gate closure times. Consult your flight confirmation for specific details.
You’ll need to check in and reprint your boarding pass again if your flight or passenger details change
- If you changed the details on your booking (passenger’s name, date, destination, Advance Passenger Information) or added an infant, special assistance or seat allocation, you’ll need to check in online again and print off your new boarding pass as the original boarding pass will no longer be valid.
- If your flight has been delayed or cancelled and you’ve transferred to another flight, you’ll need to check in again online and print off your new boarding pass as the original boarding pass will no longer be valid.
- If there’s a schedule change to a flight, your printed boarding pass becomes invalid and you’ll need to print it out again, even if the flight departure/arrival time changed by five minutes only.